Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chaos

What is chaos you might ask?  It is trying to sew while two children are in the house.  That's chaos.  The number one rule of using a home embroidery machine is DO NOT WALK AWAY.  Bad, bad things happen when you walk away.  Just trust me on that.  I normally don't sew while I'm alone here with them for that very reason.  With two kids, it's impossible to sit still.  Someone is always going to need your attention and appliqueing one shirt from start to finish is about 45 minutes.  That doesn't mesh well with a 3 year old and 8 month old.  But, desperate times call for desperate measures and I have so many orders and so little times that I am desperate.

So how close did I get to having a nervous breakdown yesterday?  Pretty darn close.  Just hard to get anything done when you have to hit the stop button every two seconds because someones crying, someone, wants a bottle, wants juice, wants a snack, wants to "help" me, wants to fix something with his tools, etc...  I sewed all day long but didn't get that terrible much done.  About 8 things I guess.  Oh well, it's better than nothing.

I also tested two new designs for MCA Applique.  How did I get to be so lucky you might ask?  I just answered a post she created on facebook and showed her my work and she sent me designs to test.  I guess she liked what I did because I am  now part of her "Creative Team" and get cool little perks like a monthly membership to her site and I get to see and sew all the new designs coming out before everyone else does!  It's like being the first to see a brand new movie.

I don't get out much.

Anywho, here are the two I just did.




I LOVE the lollipops!  They just need to be eaten!  The fill stitch swirl also gives them dimension which is nice.

I love applique alphabets that aren't satin stitched but have the "vintage" look because it really showcases the fabric and doesn't cover any up!

The husband also got me a brand new fancy schmancy crock pot!  
Our old was about 6 years old and was used constantly!  It also had developed hot spots in it that would burn and is now impossible to get clean.  Not cool for me because I literally use it at least 3-4 times a week.  I cook every single night.  We don't eat out at all (sigh).  So good cookware is a necessity!

Some women would be angry with their husbands for gifts such as these.   I love them.  I'm just a little too practical sometimes!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment