Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Sewing Room


I figured I would give y'all a glimpse into my world and where all the magic happens.  Don't laugh.  





My spare room bed is pictured above.  I hope to soon buy another folding table so that way I don't have to use the bed, but all in good time.  When I get an order and get the fabric, I usually stack it up with all it's accessories and the pattern (if needed) so I have everything on hand.  I could use some organization I know.

See that huge roll of fabric?  I am making Ethan (my 8 month old) a diaper bag out of it and the polka dots laying on top of it!  It's laminated cotton!!!  I am excited about it be if it gets wet you can just wipe it off and it's no worse for wear.  I was a little surprised ,however, when the UPS man showed up with a huge box inhabiting that thing and several other fabric cuts! Aidan immediately got excited thinking he had gotten something in the mail!  Poor guy!

A close up of the fabric above!

I am also doing two more diaper bags.  It wasn't really planned that they coordinated, it just happened that way.  One is for a friend with a brand new little girl and another is for another friend with a brand new little boy.  Neither friend had any idea what they were having beforehand.  If we should have another  (HUGE IF!)  We'll do that next time.  Sigh.

The blue elephants and dots are for Meredith and the pink giraffes and dots are for Lacey!  Really excited to see them finished!   I just got the last things I needed from Hobby Lobby today to get them done.  Hopefully will get to work on them in the next couple days!

Some other pictures of my sewing room.  No judgement!




Yeah, I know I need more thread racks. I tried to get my husband to build me one (cough, cough) and it was an epic fail.  Love you honey!

I am also making two crayon wallets in the near future.   Below is the fabric being used.  The top for a robot loving little boy and the bottom for a sweet little girl!




And last I wanted to give a shout out to my friend Kaci Buckley.  Her business is K & K Gifts.  She and I went to high school at the good ole DHS and she made me this awesome sign!


The picture really doesn't do it justice.  I love it.  It is going to hang above the couch in our living room with framed familiy pictures all around it.  Hopefully to catch my eye and remind me to be calm and patient even when my boys or husband is driving me crazy.

That's all I got for now.  I just wanted to try out my blogging skills.


Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment